boxy pouch

As soon as I came across this fantastic tutorial for a boxy pouch I knew I had to make one rightaway. 
 
 
And I mean rightaway!!! Right after all the dinner dishes were cleaned and put away last night I pulled out tons of scraps and got to work. (It really helped that my husband took the kids to their lessons, there's nothing more conducive to a productive sewing than a quiet house)


I decided to go with low key color scheme, I also used some of the orphan HSTs that seem to multiply every time I look away :)


This pouch was really meant to be, I even had a perfect metal zipper in just the right size. I decided to use leather handle instead of the fabric one because I think it gives the finished pouch a lovely polished look.


All in all, this was a perfect way to spend an evening. 
 
So, if you are considering making a boxy pouch, I would very highly recommend this tutorial. It is clearly written with lots of pictures to guide one along and I especially love that this is a fully lined pouch. No raw edges, just the way it should be (in my opinion :)).

Thanks for stopping by. Svetlana