cupcakes and super heroes

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Hope your day is going well. Our beautiful spring weather unfortunately lasted only a day and now we're back to more rain, but at least I have two happy pillows to show you today.


I named this pillow Cupcakes. I made it for 5th round of X-factor pillows swap. It's a fun, low pressure swap where you make a pillow (this round's theme was circles), send a picture of your pillow to swap mama who posts it anonymously in the Flickr group, and at the end of the round we vote for and hope to receive our favorite pillows. Told you it's fun :)


I thought this bright and happy fabric will be perfect for the back. I quilted it in the same cross hatch pattern as the front background.


And, I installed an invisible zipper. I love how perfectly it turned out, even the quilting on both front and back match up.

Now that the voting is finished, Cupcake is being packed and shipped off to my partner who I hope will like it as much as I do. I, in the meantime, will be anxiously waiting to see which pillow shows up at my door.

The second pillow is my son's Super Hero pillow.


 This thing is HUGE! It's almost as big as my 7 year old son is. It surprised both of us how ginormous it turned out. I guess that's what I get for not measuring things as I go.

I had this super hero newsprint fabric in my stash (sorry, no idea who makes it) and shamelessly copied this pillow design by Amy (nana company).
 

I used the "newspaper" part of the panel for the back. I think my son prefers this side of the pillow as he claims this is the front??? He loves to read these two short super hero articles. Every time I tell him it's time to read he grabs his giant pillow and starts reading. Let's just say we both have it all almost memorized.

How about you? What have you been up to lately?