pixelated heart pillow

Happy Friday, everyone!

As promised, I'm back to show you another one of my recent finishes. Ready?


Ta-da!!! I love this bright, big red heart, makes me happy just looking at it. This pixelated heart pillow is made of 2" squares, most of them from my scrap bin - yay!, and was inspired by Jolene's wonderful quilt.


I had a hard time deciding on how to quilt it. I wanted the red heart to stay red, and the "white" part to stay white. So, I went with hand quilting and used two different threads.


It's a little hard to see the quilting in this picture but you know what I mean, right?


I used this vintage sewing linen fabric for the back. It has such a wonderful feel, while being quite sturdy at the same time. Good thing too, since this pillow is getting used, abused, thrown around, and loved a lot these days.


I wanted to keep the back fabric in one piece, so I decided not to finish the pillow off in my usual way but installed an invisible zipper instead. Love, love, love! I should use invisible zippers more often. Rachel and Katie have some great tutorials on how to do it if you'd like to give an invisible zipper a try.

Wishing you all a very lovely and crafty weekend. Svetlana

Linking up to AmandaJean's Finish it up Friday.