sewing fix

I'm so happy it's Friday. This was such a crazy week filled with sickness, really cold nasty weather, and lots of sleeping and staying in bed that almost completely replaced my sewing time. No fun, I tell you. 

Now that I feel better, though, I decided to start a new project - nothing makes one feel better than a new fun project, right?  


I cut out tons of 2" squares to make this pixelated  heart pillow (inspired by Jolene's gorgeous quilt). I just love how all these different squares add up to so much depth and interest.


I'm hoping to get some more hand quilting done this weekend.


Realistically, though, it's not going to happen because just a while ago I pulled out these pretties that beg to become a new log cabin quilt. So, so exciting! I love starting new projects, especially when they involve such pretty happy colors.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Svetlana