ipad mini cover

My oldest daughter got an Ipad mini for Christmas and I thought it was high time to make a proper fabric cover for it. I pulled out quite a stack of very bright and colorful fabrics thinking some fun patchwork design was about to happen when my daughter announced that she did not want a patchwork cover. Whaaaaat?!?!?!? She wanted something simple and classy!!! 

So, this is what I came up with. What do you think?


I used jeans fabric for the base of the cover and inserted just a simple strip of green striped fabric for a little added interest. I just could not go completely plain, I'm sure you understand.


I used fusible fleece to make both panels nicely padded, and wonderfully soft polka dotty flannel for the lining.


I then added this fun little patch closure which is my absolute favorite part of the whole cover. I so love how it adds just the right amount of playfulness and interest.


I used solid colored binding to give the cover a nice polished look. I was not sure how to attach the binding in a way that both sides would look equally well. At the end I went with hand stitched binding using a running stitch.


To sum it all up, I think I did pretty good considering "the restrictions". And, my daughter loves to use it and said it looks exactly the way she wanted it. What more can I ask for, right?

Oh, and you know what? While I was at it, I made myself a new cover for my back up point and shoot camera.

 
As you can see, I did not hold back when it came to patchwork or brightness on this one.


Thanks for stopping by, friends. Hope you all have a lovely Sunday evening. Svetlana