the puzzle {a finished quilt top}


I finished my Puzzle quilt top and I'm so happy with the way it turned out. I've never made a quilt this way and I so enjoyed working with many different blocks and trying to figure out how to fit them all together.


These liberated pinwheel blocks are what started this whole quilt (you can read my post here) and they're definitely my most favorite part. I was planning on placing them right in the middle of the quilt, but somehow they ended up on the bottom. 


You see, that was the thing with this quilt, the blocks seemed to be "telling me" where they wanted to go. I decided to just listen and let the quilt take its own course. I think it worked.


And, just for fun, here's the picture of Albert, our naughty Elf on the shelf. Our youngest son is really enjoying all the shenanigans this little Elf is getting into.

Linking up to Lee's WIP Wednesday.