vintage holiday quilt {all finished}


I started this quilt back in August!!! as part of Vintage Holiday quilt along. I was sort of on time making my blocks but once the quilt top was finished I got stuck. And, since I could not decide on the backing, or quilting, and Christmas was still months away, I just shoved it under a pile of other wips and there it sat, waiting its turn.


I then came across this lovely quilter's flannel at Joann and thought it would make a perfect backing. It's wonderfully soft and I adore this shade of light blue. So pretty and bright.


Once I decided on the backing, the whole quilt came together rather quickly. I love this sort of grid quilting, it adds so much texture, especially once the quilt is washed and dried.Oh, it feels great to have this quilt off my Christmas to do list.

Finished size of this quilt is 54" x 68" (perfect for snuggling on cold winter evenings) and the pattern is by Camille Roskelley. 

Wishing you all a great and enjoyable day. Svetlana

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quits' Finish it up Friday.