hexie pouch

First off, thank you all for the lovely comments and get well wishes you left on my last post. I'm finally feeling better and my sewing machine even got a little workout yesterday.

It all started with this block of hexies.


I enjoyed working on it, I loved the way it looked, and I had no purpose for it. So, this poor hexie block kept hanging out on my design wall, keeping company to a few other pretty blocks that I don't know what to do with.

And then I came across Leila (Where the Orchids Grow)'s new make up pouch. That was all the incentive I needed to grab my hexie block, cut it up into smaller pieces, and turn it into a new pouch. Ta da!


I used Ayumi's tutorial, just like Leila did, but I made a few adjustments to my pouch's size since I did not want to waste any of the hexies. The pouch I made is a little bit longer (about 10" long) which turned out to be a perfect size to fit my most used sewing supplies.



Even my bulky rotary cutter fits in perfectly. And the seam ripper and a thimble will finally have a permanent home - no more looking for them every time I need one of them?!?! Now that would be something.


I love how this metal zipper adds such a wonderful touch of finesse to the pouch. It is a little shorter than recommended in the tutorial, but I was dead set on using it. It still works, but it would have been better if it were just a little bit longer. Oh, well! there's always another time.

What have you been up to lately? Do tell.

Linking up to Amanda Jean's Finish it up Friday.