honey cowl

I love swaps. I really do. So, when my bloggy friend Kristie suggested we do our own private swap, I was all for it. I was making a pillow for Kristie (you know how much I love making pillows, right?) and she agreed to knit a honey cowl for me. Kristie's knitting is amazing, she is such a pro and I knew my cowl would be beautiful. Want to see?


 I love this charcoal yarn with some grey here and there. Definitely something I would have chosen for myself if I were a knitter, which I am not!


Not only is it beautiful, it's also wonderfully warm and cozy. Just perfect for this crazy cold weather we've been having in the last couple of days. And, I already got quite a few compliments, from strangers by my kids' school, on how pretty it is.


As if this beautiful cowl  was not enough, Kristie sent me tons of other goodies, too. See that coveted mermaid fabric, yep all mine. 


Kristie also sent some Canadian chocolates which were in our tummies by the time I pulled my camera out (and yes, I did share). I just love her sense of humor.

Thanks, Kristie! This was such a fun swap.

Pictures of the pillow I made for Kristie coming up soon.