simple patchwork quilt {all finished}

Yay! Here it is, my simple patchwork quilt all finished!


I really like the way this quilt turned out. From the very beginning it was meant to be a quilt for a boy (always a major challenge for me). I think this color combo of blue, yellow, green, and gray worked so well. I love how fresh and modern it looks yet it has that wonderful old time charm thanks to the  simple patchwork pattern.


I used 180 5" x 5" squares for the quilt top and went with a beautifully soft gray flat sheet for the backing.


I quilted the whole quilt in double horizontal and vertical straight lines.


I then used this fun Oliver +S green fabric with tiny white and yellow polka dots for the binding, which I always, always attach by the machine.


Finished size of this quilt is 54" x 68". I love making quilts this size, they are big enough to snuggle in yet not too huge for dragging around the house.

Hope you have an awesome day, everyone! Svetlana