a baby quilt I forgot to show

First, thank you for all the wonderful comments you left on my previous post. I always, always love reading them and they bring me so much encouragement and joy, THANK YOU!!!

Now on to the baby quilt that I finished a few weeks ago and completely forgot to show it to you. Here we go, ready?

Just four simple square in a square blocks, 2.5" sashing and 2.5" strips of pink and yellow strips of fabric for the top and bottom, and the quilt was done. This is my favorite block. Isn't this fabric by Michael Miller just perfect for anything baby girl?

I did a straight line quilting (I really have to try stipplling one of these days), and I absolutely love the little puffy squares this kind of quilting produces.

I used white and pink polka dot flannel for the backing. I know, I'm sooo predictable, this is the fourth baby quilt where I used flannel for the backing. And I turned to one of my all time favorite fabrics - Cherry Fizz  for the binding.

The quilt finished at about 36" x 42", I think that's just the right size for a play mat or a crib or stroller quilt. I hope the baby girl who's coming to this world in February will get a lot of use out of it.

Have a wonderful rest of the evening, Svetlana.