What was I thinking?

Happy Friday, everyone!

I was going through my fabric stash the other day and I discovered this really green, green Kona fabric (definitely not the color I ever used). I was puzzled as to why I possible bought it. I usually buy just 1/2 yard of fabric and if I really like it, I buy some more. But, this grass green kona, I found the whole 1 yard of it. Imagine my surprise, and dismay, when I dug through my fabric deeper, I found yet ANOTHER YARD of the thing. I don't think I have 2 yards of any solid fabric in my stash (other than white, of course), how on earth did I end up with 2!!! yards of fabric that I do not like at all!?!?

My first impulse was to put it in a Goodwill pile so I never have to see this fabric again. Then it hit me. I need to learn free motion quilting, so I made myself an ugly green fabric sandwich and gave it a try. This was my first try.
Let's just say I'm not going to do any free motion quilting on a regular quilt for a while and my 2 yards of this ugliness will come in very handy. Any helpful suggestions or websites/ tutorials on free motion quilting?

You know what the funny thing is, though? Once I had this fabric out in the open, I found one more use for it.
I used it to bind a sleeping bag for my son's toy mouse. It actually goes really well with the other patterned fabrics. Maybe it's not as ugly as I thought at first. But I'm still staying away from anything "grass color".

Have a wonderful weekend. Svetlana