Sliced Coins quilt finished



Happy Friday, everyone!

I'd like to show you my newest quilt. The name of this quilt is Sliced Coins and I used a fabulous tutorial by Elizabeth over at Don't call me Betsy  to make it.
Elizabeth's instructions are really clear with lots of details and pictures making it easy to come out with a great looking quilt at the end of the process.

As I've mentioned before, it's going to be a Christmas present for my mom and I'm really hoping she'll like it.
I went with Fandago fabric by Kate Spain. The reason I decided to go with just one collection of fabric for the whole quilt is that my stash is full of very bright colors (not very appropriate for my mom). And since I wanted something a little more subdued, it made sense to buy the whole FQ set instead of trying to chase down all the different fabrics separately. A set of 12 FQs was just what I needed.
Here's a detail of my two favorite fabrics from this collection.

I used yet another Target flat sheet for sashing and backing. I usually buy a queen size sheet and that gives me enough fabric for both the front and the back of the quilt.

I had a very hard time deciding on how to quilt this whole thing. This is what I came up with: lots of straight lines about 3/4 inch apart throughout the thick white sashing connecting rows of coins. I also went around each coin to frame it and make sure that batting is nice and secure.

Finished size of this quilt is 58 x 69 inches. 

So, if you're looking for a nice, simple, modern quilt that's quite easy to assemble, give Sliced Coins a try. I love how mine turned out. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Svetlana