Ticker tape

One day, while browsing different quilting blogs, I came across this ticker tape quilt
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4131/5018217018_c70600b583.jpg  All I can say, it was love at first sight. I just loved how happy and really unique that quilt looked.
Of course, I had to try that technique, but since I knew better than to commit to make a whole big quilt, I've decided to try it out on a mug rug. Here's the picture:

I really liked how it turned out, and since I had already managed to collect quite a few scraps of fabric, I decided to go for a ticker tape quilt. So, with a lot of excitement and trepidation (I'm known to start and then not finish projects) I dove right in. This is what my first and second block looked like:

 
I enjoyed making these blocks a lot. Each one measures 17x21 inches and I've decided to join 6 of these blocks plus a nice thick border. Here's the picture of my quilt top:

I machine quilted around each block and then hand quilted around a few fabric scraps in each block. I used orange and yellow striped fabric for binding. The whole quilt measures 47x58 inches. Here' s the final picture
 

All in all, I have enjoyed making this quilt tremendously. I hope you like it as much as I do and give this technique a try. If you have any questions, let me know.
Svetlana