Wednesday, May 25, 2011

progress on "naked bed" challenge

I'm really glad that my quilt top is almost finished, the blocks are sewn together, and all that's left to do is just put about 4" border around all sides.


As you can see, I have no design wall, so I had to move furniture and arrange my blocks on the living room floor. Thankfully a computer game kept my 5 year old busy so it was a pretty smooth process.

All sewn together

Its future home

I'm not sure how I'm going to quilt this giant (it is the biggest quilt I have made so far). Maybe some straight line quilting? Any ideas or suggestions? Help pleeeease!!!

Have a wonderful day, Svetlana.

5 comments:

  1. If this were my quilt I would quilt it with my free motion line quilting. I would quilt each section with lines about 3/8" apart and in a color that matched the fabric. Yes, I would quilt the thing within a inch of it's life! You can see examples of my mad quiltin on my blog. It is a very cool quilt - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this quilt! I am thinking of lots of little squares for quilting. Not anything I could do myself, I admit, but I've seen this quilting recently. Whatever you do I'm sure it will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I don't know if I'll be much help, but here are my ideas: 1. Go totally random and increase the sense of improvization (keeping the energy though) by having random stright line quilting, 2. Increase the sense of order, emphasizing the square shape by quilting squares in/around the blocks, 3. contrast the square blocks with circular quilting, I'd do different sized cicles in different areas randomly.
    Beautiful top, can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspirational. I would love to have that quilt for my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your suggestions. I loved them all and hope to be able to do more quilting on my next quilt, or whenever my quilting skills improve. I especially like the idea of circles within squares, but I forgot to mention that this is only my 4th quilt ever, so my quilting is very limited. I do like how it turned out, though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...