Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Charming stars matching pillows
And that's exactly what I've been working on lately.
Here's a picture of my newest blocks turned into pillow covers:
I used the same fabric for both pillows since I wanted them to match, and to be different at the same time.
I found this block here . It was not that difficult to do and it came together quite quickly. The finished block measured 14 x14 inches.
My second block was found here . Unlike the first block, this one took much longer and I had to be very careful and precise with all the points. (My seam ripper was never so busy before)
The tutorial was really great. It suggested not to use directional print, which I followed with MOST, but not all of my fabric. And look at what happened when I tried to put it all together
Ooops, I just had to redo those two blocks and then it looked like this:
The finished block measures 12.5 x12.5 inches.
I framed both blocks with matching white kona fabric to make them into 16 x16 inch squares. I used the same blue and green polka dot fabric from Denyse Schmidt's new collection for the back of both pillows, inserted zippers and finished both with the same red and white polka dot fabric.
Thanks for stopping by. Svetlana